Earliest known interment was that of a child, Mary Louisa Hale, on Nov. 30, 1880. In Jan. 1884, Andy and Christian Fannin sold 4 acres to M.C. Bright, J.M. Carter, R.F. Counts, John A. Chambers, J.M. Givens, D.W. and William Hale, Alf A. Hanscomb, J.T. Hardegree, P. Hawkins, F.B. Massengale, Jesse Rogers, and C.C. Simmons as a public cemetery for the rural community of "Content". The plot was named for R.F. Counts, who brought the surrounding property in 1889. An additional 4 acres were donated by Sidney Bright in the 1930's. An unknown number of Confederate veterans of the Civil War are buried here.