Settled in 1880's. Named for C.R. Crews, Ballinger businessman. Mrs. Betty Sims was earliest voluntary teacher-mail carrier. School was built 1890 (with the Rev. Mr. Lockhart, first teacher); post office established 1892 in Wise & Broughton Store; first postmaster, J.D. Wise. Methodist Church was organized in 1890; Baptist Church in 1894. Later 11 businesses were in operation; by 1930 school had 7 teachers. The doctors serving the longest were F.M. Hale, C.A. Watson, R.E. Burrus. Post office closed 1922; school consolidated with others 1948. The churches are still active.