Originally called County Line. Named changed when general store owner R. O. Kerr applied for a post office and was granted one under name Drasco on Dec. 16, 1904. (Post office site is across street, south.) Kerr was postmaster until 1909. First school house was built in 1902 on land donated by Tom Puckett. School consolidated with Winters schools in 1947. During Drasco's thriving years, there were 2 stores, a cotton gin, a blacksmith shop, a 5-room school building and 2 churches -- Baptist church is still active. Population never exceeded 30.