On July 26, 1886, soon after the railroad town of Ballinger was founded, a presbyterian church with nine charter members was organized at the home of Mr. and Mrs. J.R. Burt. A small fram sanctuary served the congregation until this structure was built in 1891. Constructed of native stone during the pastorate of the Rev. C.L. Ewing, it features a corner tower and steeple. Additions have been made over the years to serve a growing congregation.