Historical Markers
in Runnels County, Texas
Rock Hotel - Winters
Winters - 300 W Dale St.
This two-story native stone commercial structure was built by Mr. and Mrs. J. L. Heath, who operated a local mercantile in partnership with Ira Beard. Constructed to accommodate early travelers and workers on the railroad, the Rock Hotel was completed in 1909, the year that the Abilene and Southern Railway line was extended to winters. A landmark in the city, the hotel serves as a reminder of Winters' early growth and development.
1982
Copyright 1997-present