Early Roman Catholic worship services in Ballinger were held by missionaries in a church building constructed in 1895. In 1910, during the pastorate of the Rev. J. B. Frigon, this building was completed to serve the congregation. Constructed of native rock quarried from nearby stone deposits, the Gothic revival building is a good example of the work of local craftsmen. A Ballinger landmark, it features a single square tower on its three-part facade.