Built in 1904 by Joe Thiele (1850-1940), sheep rancher and civic leader, native stone used here was dug at Willow Creek (2 mi. W).
First floor housed Runnels County National Bank; upstairs was Miles Opera House - social and cultural center of town staging road shows, political rallies and wrestling bouts. In 1923, school was located here.
Later this structure was used as dry goods store, grocery, post office, hotel, and (again) a bank.
Building was owned after 1929 by Henry W. Bigler (1878-1966) and wife, Mabel Hancock Bigler (1886-1961), who operated it as the "Hotel Miles".