This burial ground is the last surviving evidence of Walthall community. Situated west of here, just across the Colorado River, Walthall was the first stable settlement in Runnels County. It was located on land claimed in the 1860s by the John W. Guest family, and surrounded a stagecoach stop on the Camp Colorado - Fort Concho Road in the 1870s. The cemetery contains at least one unmarked grave. The oldest marked grave is that of infant Penny Cotten (1877-1878). Mrs. John W. Guest (1820-1878) was another early burial. A stone from the river marks her grave.