This native limestone library was built in 1909-11 with funds from New York industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. Local banker Jo Wilmeth donated the land and the Rev. J.D. Leslie, pastor of the First Presbyterian Church, served as the supervising archtect. The building's auditorium and club rooms were used for a variety of civic and cultural events, school social activities and temporary worship services of several local churches.