Founded 1906 by John Q. McAdams, who served 17 years as cashier, and since as president. Original capitalization was $15,000. First located immediately south; moved to this site 1909. Bought Farmers and Merchants State Bank, 1913; First National Bank of Winters, 1937. Building was enlarged 1924 and 1954. Founder was treasurer (1918) and president (1931-1932), Texas State Bankers Association; State Banking Commissioner (1941-1944); held office as president of the State Banks Division, American Bankers Association (1950-51).