MARTIN COUNTY, TEXAS
Brown, TexasBrown, on Farm Road 2212 in northeastern Martin County, was probably named for Bain Brown, who settled in the area in 1905. A rural school district was organized there in 1917, and the first school building was constructed in 1922. It was consolidated with the Flower Grove school during the late 1940s. For a time a cotton gin was at a site across the street from the school. Lutisia Nichols served the community as midwife and doctor. A church was built at the community in 1936, and the grocery store was torn down in 1978.