Three League was in north central
Martin County. The Three League Gin existed in 1925, when a Mr. Dodd donated land
for a school one mile west and three miles south of it. The school building also served as
a church. Children from Three League began attending the Flower Grove school in 1938.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Vernen Liles, Pioneering
on the Plains: The History of Martin County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas,
1953). Martin County Historical Commission, Martin County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1979